Opened in 1943 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Queen City bath house was designed by Don Buel, an apprentice of Frank Lloyd Wright. The pool and bath house have been closed since 1989. The City of Tuscaloosa began holding local meetings to convert the the historic bath house into a transportation museum.
Eclectic Group was commissioned to develop a masterplan and interpretive exhibits for the space. Eclectic Group used the building’s elements to turn a bathhouse into a transportation themed backdrop for interpreting the geology and history of the Black Warrior River and its importance to the Tuscaloosa community and local economy.